WinWin Vacations logoEllis LoveHug Kristina

WinWin Vacations Newsletter
Spring 2008 

 Quick Links
Join our email list
Join Our Mailing List
In This Issue
What has Kristina been up to?
What's up next?
What is a Blog?
New passport rules
Dear Safari Enthusiast,

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful spring colors blooming on the trees and also the longer daylight hours.
This is my first attempt to stay in better contact with you using a new and improved newsletter. I hope you enjoy it.
What has Kristina been up to lately?  
African Safaris
Kristina has been "laying low" right here in Seattle since last December. She spent the entire month last November travelling around East Africa on her own, scouting out new camps and visiting camps where she's taking her groups next. It was a great chance to get to know the managers and guides for future safari groups.
Kristina made many new acquaintances and renewed many old ones. It is always nice to be remembered.  
Hopefully, she'll see you on one of her group departures soon. She'll be happy to design a group just for you and your friends and also escort your group. Just ask!!
What's Up Next?  
Kristina with Mr Nice 
My groups for 2008 to Africa are filled. However, if you like to plan a tour, a cruise or a safari or if you have a few friends who want to travel with you, contact me and I'll be happy to help you plan it and even escort your party.
There's a group forming now for South America in April/May 2009. We're planning it around a visit to Machu Picchu. If you are interested to join me, send me an email and I'll keep you informed.
I'm off to the biggest conference for the travel trade on Africa, called Indaba in Durban, lasting 4 days from May 9-13. Before that I'm visiting Namibia and after that I'm off to Botswana. I'm doing research for you - OK - somebody has to do it, right? I'll be out of the office from May 1st until June 5th.
What is Blogging?   

ellies blogging Do you Blog? 

Blogging is the latest craze. It's a place to post the latest news and trip reports. It's ultimate success should be unbiased, free from advertising and strictly informational. I will post occasional good deals there, but in the end, it depends on your participation. Blogs can also be addictive.
A blog is an "interactive" website where we can share and chat about anything travel related. Please feel free to post questions there also, but please keep it to travel related subjects here. There are blogs for everything on the Internet.
Wouldn't it be fun if everyone would contribute and post their travel experiences on my blog? It's really easy to do and we can benefit from each other's experiences. Every blog article has a place to leave a comment at the bottom. That is blogging.
Be sure to visit
What's new in travel?  
 Passport Regulations: 
ALL PERSONS traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

The following summarizes information available on the
Department of Homeland Security's website.

CURRENTLY: U.S. citizens need to present either (a) a passport, passport card (available in spring 2008), or WHTI-compliant document; or (b) a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
LATER:On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.
Note: The passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory.

U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid U.S. passport when traveling via air, land or sea between the U.S. and the aforementioned Western Hemisphere countries.

The Passport Card: U.S. citizens may begin applying in advance for this new, limited-use, wallet-size passport card beginning February 1, 2008. We expect cards will be available and mailed to applicants in spring 2008. When available it will only be valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda.

WHTI-Compliant Travel Documents for U.S. citizen travel via land or sea, as of January 31, 2008:

  • Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • State Issued Enhanced Driver's License (when available)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
  • U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
  • Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
  • Form I-872 American Indian Card
For further information see U.S. Customs and Border protection.

WinWin VacationsAfrican Safaris

Kristina Trowbridge
WinWin Vacations
Africa Safari Specialist 
206-297-7179 or 877-297-7179
WST 601433464

WinWin Vacations, Your Travel Solution, PO Box 30903, Seattle, WA 98113-0903
phone (206) 297-7179,

Web site designed by Tom Trowbridge 
Copyright 2000-2009 WinWin Vacations. All rights reserved
Email webmaster